Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Sister Act



Above is a photo of my big sister Lesa and me in front of Alcatraz from an early '80s trip to San Francisco.  Note our postures and fashion choices (leg warmers!) -- this snapshot pretty much tells it all.  As different as we are, one way we aren't is how much we absolutely love the music we love, no matter what anyone else says.  So, in honor of my very first song requester, this podcast is built around Lesa's  two-word e-mail entreaties for "Chas Jankel" and "Scritti Politti."  And she knows I know her musical loves so well she didn't even have to tell me which tracks.  The other songs I will go to my grave associating with Lesa, for better or worse, but always with a smile.

Playlist:

"Family Affair" Theme (intro)
Paul Nicholas - "Heaven On The Seventh Floor"
Steely Dan - "Peg"
Prince - "1999" (partial, then "Lesa's Threat")
Prince - "Irresistable Bitch"
Chas Jankel - "Glad To Know You"
Rick James - "Dream Maker"
Scritti Politti - "Wood Beez"
Latyrx - "Lady Don't Tek No"
Michael Jackson - "Got To Be There"

If you want to download an mp3 of this podcast, click below:


Please leave comments or requests by clicking on "comments" below or e-mail me, and I will be sure to respond.   Thanks, and enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment