Wednesday, June 17, 2009

Father's Day 2009: Songs From My Father


Above is a photo of me and my dad, Thomas Lakin, from 1969 -- the year I was born.  Ever since then, he has been a major musical influence on me, particularly in my teens and 20s, when he did so purposefully.  Unfortunately he passed away in 1994, but his spirit and guidance live on with me always, particularly through the music he loved and shared so enthusiastically.  In honor of Father's Day, I'm podcasting a smattering of the music my father gave to me one way or the other -- I hope you enjoy and have a terrific Father's Day!

Playlist:

Horace Silver - "Song For My Father" (partial)
Captain & Tennille - "Love Will Keep Us Together"
Steely Dan - "Deacon Blues"
Phoebe Snow - "Either Or Both"
The Doobie Brothers - "Minute By Minute"
Brenda Russell - "In The Thick Of It"
Tuck & Patti - "Time After Time"
Billie Holiday - "Don't Worry 'Bout Me"
Nancy Wilson & Cannonball Adderley - "Happy Talk"
Gino Vanelli - "I Just Wanna Stop"
Snoop Doggy Dogg - "Gin And Juice"
Commodores - "Easy"

If you want to download an mp3 of this podcast, click below:


4 comments:

  1. I appreciate everything you have added to my knowledge base.Admiring the time and effort you put into your blog and detailed information you offer.Thanks. Listnr appsumo deal

    ReplyDelete